Thursday, July 9, 2015

3SG Eugene Ong - Experience on SG 50 NDP Training

What is the first thing you think about being a participant in the spectacular National Day Parade?





My first thought when I heard that I could be a part of our nations milestone event.


To be in such a big parade, first you have to go through super tough selections. Rounds and rounds around the upper parade square of HQNCC. Not a fun thing to go through. But with perseverance pinching me on my back i did not put "giving up" even at the back of my head.

Lots of rounds done, the sirs and ma'ams told us to stop. Finally! We're done! Walking back to the multi-purpose hall. Success took over my mind. I could have never done all this without the encouragement from my favourite batch of NCC mates and Teachers. Sitting and listening to what the world might throw at us. Knowing that I am a special batch of NCC cadets in the biggest SG50 parade.The two other cadets that were holding my back were CPL Azmeer and CPL Daryl Kok.


Training started, pain kept coming, knowing all these would lead to one thing and one thing only, being one of those standing in the Padang on National Day. I am the only person in the whole of our school in this event... More pressure as my whole unit watches on me. I am the right marker of the NCC Sea & Air contingent, partly responsible for the success of this years parade. Training have gone by in Nee Soon Camp and HQ NCC. Time to beat the heat at Padang.


I hope to see more cadets join this kind of events and bring the joy of NCC to other cadets.


Catch me on TV in the parade segment of NDP 2015 or come support me and other NCC cadets along the city march route. 


MAJULAH SINGAPURA!

3SG Eugene Ong (3/3)

No comments:

Post a Comment